Medical Quiz 7: Histopathology
September 12, 2014 10:25 AM
Check this HE stained pathology slide. Look carefully at the tissue structure and notice the areas marked by numbers 1 and 2. Identify the disorder and answer the questions below.
Questions to answer
- Identify the tissue?
- Identify structures marked by number 1 and 2?
- What is the name of this disorder?
- What is the biological behaviour of this disorder (e.g. benign x malignant)?
To check your answers, click the button below.
Answers to questions from the post
- Cancerous proliferation of ductal epithelium (1) with cytological malignancies. No penetration through basal lamina to surrounding connective tissue (stroma). Cells show signs of a malignant process (increased nucleo-cytoplasmic ratio, nuclei size changes, mitosis.
- Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS)
|Written by:||Michal Vilímovský (EN)|
|Education:||Medical student, 3rd Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic|
|Image resources:||3rd medical faculty of Charles University (Prague, Czech Republic) - used with permission|
|Published:||September 12, 2014 10:25 AM|
|Next scheduled update:||September 12, 2016 10:25 AM|
Medical Quiz 1: Histopathology
January 16, 2014 7:05 AM
Medical Quiz 2: Histopathology
January 18, 2014 1:36 AM
Medical Quiz 5: Histopathology
January 25, 2014 11:44 PM
Medical Quiz 4: Histopathology
January 25, 2014 3:03 AM
Medical Quiz 3: Histopathology
January 21, 2014 6:29 AM
Medical Quiz 6: Histopathology
January 27, 2014 10:01 PM