Medical Quiz 7: Radiology
Today we shall have a brief look at one disorder, which can easily be recognized in a standard X-ray image. Look at the images carefully and try to answer the questions below. To reveal the correct answers just click on the Show Answers button.
Fig. 1: X-ray image of limbs
Fig. 2: X-ray image of spine
- What is the name of the disorder?
- Could this disorder be lethal?
- Is it possible for a patient to fully recover from thisdisorder?
Answers to questions from the post
- Imperfect osteogenesis (Osteogenesis Imperfecta)
- Yes, some forms are lethal, in such case the baby gets usually born death.
- No, it is a genetic disorder, which means that no full recovery is possible. However it is possible to ease the symptoms and improve patient's life.
|Written by:||Michal Vilímovský (EN)|
|Education:||Medical student, 3rd Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic|
|Published:||March 19, 2014 2:49 AM|
|Next scheduled update:||March 19, 2016 2:49 AM|